Friday, September 11, 2009

" The brain is a squishy thing, hence its perspectives are not set in stone " - David Alan Bates

The Story:
I was reading a friend's blog and I realised how his perspectives of life has changed so much over the course of a year or two. He plans to save up for marriage, buy a house, have children... Amazing. Who would have thought?

What is also amazing is how my priorities has changed over the course of these two years. The things I want and the things I dream about are so very much changed as well. On the surface level people would say, "wow he sure has achieved something." On the deeper level, I am not so sure if I have become somone who "isn't me". Just like how people who have known the friend I have mentioned for years who stare and wonder, "is that really Julian?"

Anyway, I guess wants, needs and desires are always in motion and in the end it brings to some people peace and contentment and to some others; eternal damnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment